As we roll into December, there are several key upcoming deadline dates for all teams to be aware of:
December 1, 2023 - Deadline for teams to submit their initial Player Affiliation Form to the SMHA office (firstname.lastname@example.org) Teams should meet their minimum affiliation requirement as follows:
SMHA REGULATION X Player Affiliation
1. At all times a player may only be affiliated to one team. **Affiliate players cannot be released from a roster once registered.
2. Mandatory Affiliation Numbers - Required by December 1st, 2023 - Deadline to add to an affiliate form is January 8, 2024
- SMHA U9 teams are encouraged to affiliate players from lower levels of U9; - U11 teams must affiliate a minimum # of players that will have their team roster at a combined 16 players between roster players and affiliates. Example: If a U11 team has 14 players on its roster, it must affiliate at least 2 players.
- SMHA U13, U15 and U18 teams must affiliate a minimum of one (1) goaltender;
- SMHA U13, U15 and U18 teams must affiliate a minimum # of skaters that will have their team at a combined 18 skaters between roster players and affiliates. Example: If a team has 15 skaters on its roster, it must affiliate at least 3 skaters.
Teams should have all of their affiliations submitted to the SMHA office by December 1, 2023.
Additional affiliate players may be added no later than January 8, 2024.
December 15, 2023 - Deadline for teams to remove a registered team official from a roster. After this date, team officials will be required to obtain all necessary coach certifications and courses.
December 20, 2023 - Deadline for all registered team officials to obtain their coach certificaitons and/or courses. CLICK HERE for more informaiton.
January 8, 2024 - Final day to add affiliate players to your team roster.
CLICK HERE for the 2023-24 SMHA Provincial Playdowns Dates and Formats for SMHA to determine Provincial Reps.