Know the Score Wellness Program 2023-24
- KTS Wellness Program Components
- Diversity and Anti-Racism
- Cannabis, drugs, alcohol, tobacco & vaping
- Online Gambling
- Mental Health & Mental Performance
- Building Healthy Relationships & Sexual Consent (U15 & U18)
- Team Wellness Champions (U13-U18 teams)
- Program Description / Dissemination – “Empower & Care”
- Each U13-U18 teams at all levels will be required to designate a Team Wellness Champion.
- Teams may designate two Wellness Champions if they desire.
- The Wellness Champion cannot be a registered team official (coach or on-ice helper) or a team manager.
- The Wellness Champion should be a parent or parents on the team that cares about kids and wants to help out.
- No hockey background is required for this role.
- The program will promote confidentiality
- Role of the Wellness Champions
- To attend a Know the Score Wellness program session for their respective age group. See below.
- At this session, the Wellness Champions will be introduced to the various concepts listed above by the experts in their fields that have agreed to assist.
- With the information they receive, they will be asked to sit down with their players, coaches and parents once to make them aware of the components of the KTS Wellness Program and that there is help if they require it.
- Be the team contact for a parent or player seeking assistance with any of the components and to be in touch with SMHA to find further assistance.
- SMHA CONTACT FOR THE WELLNESS PROGRAM: - Kelly Boes, Executive Director - EMAIL or 306-244-1363
- The 2023-24 Wellness Champion Information Sessions:
U13 - Monday, October 30, 2023 - 7-9 pm at the Travelodge, Delta Room
U15 – Monday, November 6, 2023 - 7-9 pm at the Travelodge, Delta Room
U18 – Monday, November 13, 2023 - 7-9 pmat the Travelodge, Delta Room