Follow us on
Saskatoon Minor Hockey Association - Registration Information
Saskatoon Minor Hockey Association (SMHA) offers a variety of hockey programs for children and young adults from age five to 17 years of age. SMHA consists of six geographic hockey zones along with a city-wide female hockey association (Comets) and a city-wide AA U13, U15, U16 & U18 hockey program (Saskatoon AA Hockey).
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2023-2024 SEASON WILL TAKE PLACE JUNE 1 - JUNE 30, 2023 VIA ONLINE REGISTRATION THROUGH THE ZONE WEBSITES.
LATE ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL TAKE PLACE JULY 1-AUGUST 20, 2023
- LATE ONLINE REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED STARTING JULY 1, 2023 WILL HAVE A $100 LATE CHARGE ADDED TO THE REGISTRATION FEE.
- LATE ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN UNTIL AUGUST 20, 2023 - PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE WITH YOUR HOME ZONE
- PLEASE REGISTER BY JUNE 30, 2023 TO AVOID THIS.
- **Exceptions to the $100 Late Charge - Players new to minor hockey, players new to SMHA (i.e. moved into SMHA jurisdiction) and for all players in U7 hockey.
- 2023-24 Registration fees are due in full by September 1, 2023.
- **Looking for a program for 3 or 4 year olds? Click here for more information.
- PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE VIA YOUR HOME ZONE'S WEBSITE.
- UNSURE OF WHICH ZONE YOU RESIDE IN? PLEASE CLICK HERE.
- THERE WILL BE NO FALL REGISTRATION.
- PLAYERS MUST REGISTER WITH SASKATOON AA HOCKEY FOR AA TRYOUTS IN U13, U15, U16 AND U18 - IN ADDITION TO REGISTERING WITH THEIR HOME ZONE. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR SASKATOON AA TRYOUTS
- PLAYERS MUST REGISTER SEPARATELY FOR U15A CITY WIDE TRYOUTS IF INTERESTED IN TRYING OUT. REGISTER VIA YOUR HOME ZONE WEBSITE.
DUE TO INCREASING REGISTRATION NUMBERS AND LIMITED ICE AVAILABILITY, PLAYERS SHOULD REGISTER ONLINE WITH THEIR ZONE IN THE PERIOD JUNE 1 - JUNE 30, 2023 IN ORDER TO ENSURE A REGISTRATION SPOT IN THEIR HOME ZONE FOR THE 2023-24 HOCKEY SEASON.
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINES APPLY TO ALL AGE DIVISIONS - U7, U9, U11, U13, U15 & U18:
U7 TIMBITS (age 5 & 6) - 2017 & 2018 Birth Years
U9 (age 7 & 8) - 2015 & 2016 Birth Years
U11 (age 9 & 10) - 2013 & 2014 Birth Years
U13 (age 11 & 12) - 2011 & 2012 Birth Years
U15 (age 13 & 14) - 2009 & 2010 Birth Years
U18 (age 15-17) - 2006, 2007 & 2008 Birth Years
Late Registration Applications after August 20, 2023:
Players may apply to SMHA for registration once late online registration closes after August 20, 2023.
Starting August 21, 2023, registration applications must be submitted to the SMHA office.
Players registering via this process will be placed in the zone with the greatest need for players in the player's age division. The player will need to pay their registration fees to the zone they are placed in prior to being permitted on the ice. All efforts will be made to keep players in their home zone but priority will be ensuring zones with the most need receive late registration applications first.
Please email the completed Late Registration Application form on the above link to email@example.com
WELCOME TO SMHA!!