Saskatoon Minor Hockey Association
Geographic Zone System
IMPORTANT- SMHA REZONING IN EFFECT FOR THE 2014-2015 HOCKEY SEASON. PLEASE SEE UPDATED ZONE MAP LINKS BELOW:
The Saskatoon Minor Hockey Association is comprised of six geographic minor hockey zones within the City of Saskatoon:
Zone D Renegades - north west Saskatoon
Zone G Redwings - east central Saskatoon
Zone H Flyers - south east Saskatoon
Zone M Aces - south west Saskatoon
Zone W Bobcats - south central Saskatoon
Zone X Wild - north east Saskatoon
In addition, the SMHA includes two City Wide programs:
Comets Zone - Female Hockey - the Comets zone has teams formed on a city-wide basis and offers teams from Initiation through Midget.
Greater Saskatoon Hockey League - the City Wide Tier I programs for Peewee, Bantam and Midget ages were initiated in 2005 and have been a wonderful addition to the SMHA's programs. The Tier 1 teams are drafted on a city-wide basis. The GSHL leagues are operated by a Committee of the SMHA, chaired by the Tier 1 Chairperson. The Peewee and Midget leagues are run by the SMHA. The Bantam Tier 1 teams compete in the Saskatchewan Bantam AA League.
CLICK HERE FOR THE PDF MAP OF THE SMHA ZONE BOUNDARIES (effective 2014-2015) WITH STREET NAMES ON THE MAP
CLICK HERE FOR THE PDF MAP OF THE SMAH ZONE BOUNDARIES (effective 2014-2015) WITH NO STREET NAMES ON THE MAP
Notes to Zone Boundaries Maps:
East Side of South Saskatchewan River:
Wild / Redwings Zones:
- Willowgrove Neighborhood - Families residing on Willowgrove Boulevard, Willowgrove Crescent, Willowgrove Avenue, Willowgrove Lane, Willowgrove Bay and Willowgrove Court (either side of these streets) and north will be in the Wild zone.
- Families residing south of these streets will be in the Redwings zone.
- Families residing in the new Holmwood Development Area, north of 8th Street East, will be in the Redwings zone.
Flyers / Bobcats Zones:
- Families residing in the Holmwood Development Area south of 8th Street East will be in the Flyers zone.
West Side of South Saskatchewan River:
Aces / Renegades Zones:
- Blairmore Development Area north and Dundonald Neighborhoods - Families residing on either side of Hughes Drive and east will be in the Renegades zone.
- Families residing west of Hughes Drive will be in the Aces zone.
For Corman Park RM acreage players that reside in the area around Saskatoon designated by SHA as part of the SMHA's boundaries, please see SHA Regulation 8.03.02 (below) for the defined boundaries.
b)The Province of Saskatchewan shall be divided into the following geographic sub-divisions for registration purposes and categorization of teams:
1.The Province shall be one geographic subdivision for Midget AAA hockey.
2. The City of Regina.
3 The Greater Saskatoon Area:
R.M. of Corman Park Boundary
Twp. 37 Boundary/Penner Rd.
R.M. of Corman Park Boundary (North of Highway # 5)
Freeborn Road (South of Highway #5 to Floral Road)
Highway #11 (South of Floral to Corman Park Boundary)
Note - any player residing to the east of Highway # 11, south of Floral Road resides outside SMHA Boundaries
Corman Park Boundary
Acreage players that reside within SMHA boundaries south of Saskatoon and east of the river will register with the Saskatoon Bobcats zone.
Acreage players that reside within SMHA boundaries south of Saskatoon and west of the river will register with the Saskatoon Aces zone.
Acreage players that reside within SMHA boundaries north of Saskatoon and west of the river will regsiter with the Saskatoon Renegades zone.
Acreage players that reside within SMHA boundaries east of Saskatoon north of 8th Street east will register with the Saskatoon Wild zone.
- Minor players from other minor hockey associations wishing to register and play in SMHA's Non-Contact Leagues must provide a release from their home minor hockey association in order to be registered with a SMHA zone.
The acreage boundaries described above for minor hockey and covered in SHA Regulation 8.03.02 do not apply to female players playing female hockey with the Comets.
SHA Female hockey regulations are based on the closest centre concept. All residents of the City of Saskatoon are automatically part of the Comets program. For residents outside the City boundaries, they belong to the minor hockey association that they reside closest too. Many acreage players will have SMHA as their home minor hockey association. Please check with SHA in Regina at 789-5101 if you are unsure.
NOTE: All players registering with SMHA that reside outside the City of Saskatoon boundaries must provide their legal land location address along with a mailing address (RR# or Box #). This applies to all acreage players and rural players that reside within SMHA boundaries but reside outside the City of Saskatoon in the RM of Corman Park.
For any SMHA registration questions, please contact Kelly Boes at the SMHA office at 244-1363.
- Female players from other minor hockey associations wishing to play in the Saskatoon Comets must provide a release from their home minor hockey association in order to be registered with the Comets.